Sunday, October 23, 2011

diary of the displaced review

I received "Diary of the Displaced" by Glynn James (an e-book) for free from http://www.librarything.com/.  "Diary of the Displaced"  is about James, a man who has somehow landed in the land of displaced things.  Anything that has come up missing can wind up there.  There is no light, the dead continue to stay lost there, it includes zombies, strange barbaric dogs, a maniac, and all the trash you could ever want to sift through.
I guess I would call it science fiction.  I am not really into science fiction, so I wouldn't call this one of my favorites.  James isn't very clear.  You can't really like him, because you know very little about him.  He spends pretty much the first half of the book looking through trash and figuring out how to live in the displaced land.  The second half picks up in action, chase  and fight scenes, a little mystery.  If the first half had been less trash sifting and more character info I would have liked it a lot more.  Second half of book was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment