Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Volunteer my Services

I used to do a ton of volunteer and charity work.  After doing so much it made me feel used.  Now that I work full time, I have cut back immensely on my time volunteering.  I still collect pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House, I teach Sunday School and do some stuff at our church.  I also am a leader of my daughter's 4H club.  Now that my kids are in middle school or college (or graduated) I don't do as much at the schools.  But I will buy pretty much anything that the proceeds are going toward an organization or charity.  Mostly this stuff makes me feel pretty good, I guess.  Really I don't think too much about it.  It needs to be done, so I do it.  The only time that it becomes a problem is 4-H and that's because of the dynamic of the members, rather than the actual work itself.  I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment