Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year's eve

My New Year's Eves have changed drastically in my life.  This year I ate a healthy spinach and muchroom omelet at IHOP, saw Little Fockers, went to a party with a swinging game of UNO, and still managed to make it home by 10:30 where I brought in the new year with a 6 year old and Brendan Fraiser.  Not even a hot "journey to the center of the earth" Brendan Fraiser, but middle aged "Furry Vengance" Brendan Fraiser.  (Sarah's been on that kick lately.)  Seventeen years ago at this time I would have been to hung over to slur 2 words together let alone put together a paragraph.  Strangely I don't feel I have missed anything this year.  Like the Bible says:  there's a time for this and a time for that.  And right now is a time for diet dr. pepper, a sleepy kindergartner, and the comfy version of Link.  Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment