Wednesday, May 23, 2018

What I miss

As of today I have lost 10% of my body weight.  Wahoo!  I feel like things are being accomplished.  Still have a long way to go. I almost want to celebrate, except that I realize I am only about 1/3 of the way done.  The depressing part is that this is not temporary, it will have to be a way of life for the rest of my life.  Always.  Never again can I do whatever I want.  I miss some stuff.  For instance, macaroni and cheese, Pepsi, going out to eat and not getting the one thing that has the least amount of points, or not eating out at all.  I miss fried chicken, mashed potatoes, regular food and not the light version.  Most of the light versions suck.  I miss not doing anything if I don't feel like it.  I miss being snug when it's cold and cool when it's hot.  In both cases I have to work out regardless of the weather or the feeling. 
However, I don't miss freakin' heartburn.  I don't miss being uncomfortable in my clothes.  I don't miss not being able to run up the stairs or pain in my knees and feet.  I still have hip pain though. 
Sometimes I think of all the things I will never be able to do (eat) again, but then I just try and think of the embarrassment that will be missing and I plow on through.  Today I mixed up my food plan, but that's ok, just moved some stuff around.  I did an arm workout and this evening when it cools off I'm going to take a little walk.  Sure do wish I had someone else's metabolism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment