Thursday, July 7, 2022

Polar Opposites... or is it?

 June was all about nature and computers.  Well, technology.  What I discovered that surprised me was that humans and animals are not at all different.  Whenever I would watch something on males in the wild it would remind me so much of all the guys at work.  I also have found that being in the trees is very good for stress.  Technology isn't so much, but it could lead to so much if not taken advantage of or over used.

The books I read were Only Good Indians (wonderful), The Only Woman in the Room (though about Hedi Lamar it's not about tech much), and I tried to read Walden.  But mostly it is about an ego driven man telling people what to do.  For instance he recommends people sleep in tool boxes.  What's up with that?  Just drill air holes, he says. 

 In Great Courses I watched: Sharks & Rays; Zoology: Reproduction; Is Privacy Dead (probably).  In Curious Streaming:  Iberian: Breed Season; Nature's Cutest; Technology; Fight Club (animals); Digital Transcendence.  I also watched Obama's National Parks show on Netflix.  Highly recommend.  

Audio:  there really isn't much to listen to on these topics.  It's a hard one to listen.  Unashamed: Jase's take on Technology; Life is short- Justin Long and Jeff Corwine; and Elon Musk.  He's pretty fascinating.  Not sure I buy into the whole get-Elon thing, but he probably pissed someone in media off and they are looking to benefit.  

I did a lot of meditation outside or with nature sounds.  I didn't focus much on computers.  Kinda boring really.  I did a 5K to round out my May PE focus.  It was through the woods.  

Next month:  Poland and Politics.  Not Polish politics, but politics in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment