Friday, August 5, 2022

Politics & Poland

 July was the month of poles.  Politics and Poland.  Politics was kind of boring.  Poland was pretty fascinating. I though it would be the other way around.  Poland is the land of my people and I gotta admit, I was impressed.  The music, the food, the literature....nice.  Politics seems all heated on the news/propaganda, but when learning about it, it got dry quick.  

I only read 2 books: "Build the World Better" and "The Last Wish" which is a Witcher novel written by a Polish author.  Highly recommend it.  I watched Sons of Liberty on TV during a 4th of July marathon and the Hamilton musical.  On Curiosity Streaming:  Meteorite Men (in Poland, got to see current landscapes) and America's Declaration.  On Great Courses: Rosa Luxemburg; Gorecki; Investigating the Presidency; America's Changing Democracy.  On commune I watched a couple of days of political videos.  

On podcasts I listened to Poland's Lost Generation; Biden in Poland (a twofer); and Pantsuit Politics.  

I also made or ordered some Polish food.  I must say if you've never had Polish pancakes you should try them.  They have apples in them and are so delicious.  

Last month I learned that the food and music in Poland is amazing.  Between Chopin and Gorecki I spent several days just listening and meditating.  Beautiful.  I also learned that what is displayed to us through the media about politics isn't all together true.  It is more cut and dry, yet passionate.  The people (not all) are more into the country that into themselves.  But they are just people.  The are both good and bad and make a ton of mistakes.  Only theirs has more effect.

August:  the Irish and music (not just Irish).   

No comments:

Post a Comment