Friday, April 22, 2011

max on life review

Spent the night reading Max Lucado's new book "Max on Life".  I received this book from Booksneeze.  This book is a collection of questions to Max about God and Christ from various people over the years.  He answers the questions with Scriptural back-up, Christian-thought, and some opinion.  All answers are about a page long and are set up in categories.  I didn't read it straight through, I read sections that were interesting first, then thumbed through reading all the questions and the answers that I wanted to know or know what he thought.  I think it would get boring reading it straight, I liked reading what peaked my interest first, then carried on.
First of all, the man is brilliant.  I am not a huge fan of his books.  I read some, not others.  It's a catch and miss.  I am a loyal follower of his daily texts.   http://www.maxlucado.com/articles/category/daily_text/  You can get them texted to you, but I just look them up daily on this site.  This book handles both the easy questions that everyone should know the answer to, and the hard ones.  The questions about homosexuality, suicide, God's love, End of times, you know, the biggies.  He uses scriptual based evidence to back up his answers.  Though not completely in love with it, It is very interesting and will be used to go back to to defend myself when in a religious argument because he has already done the research.  How cool is that?  Did I mention he is brilliant?

No comments:

Post a Comment