Thursday, July 21, 2011

the sweetest thing review

I received "The Sweetest Thing" by Elizabeth Musser for free from Bethany House Publishing.  This is the first Elizabeth Musser book I have read.  I have heard of her and seen many of her books, but this is my first.  I am now a fan.  I really liked this book.  It is a mystery/romance/faith book.  That would describe it best.  It isn't really much of either of the descriptions on its own.  I figured out the villian right away, so the mystery won't keep you on the edge of your seat.  The romance was pretty obvious they would wind up together, so that wasn't riviting either.  The faith was a reoccuring and well written story line however.  It was so.....human.  Every thought the girls had had relaying to God, was one that most humans would have thought at some point. 
The Sweetest Thing is about two high school girls who become friends despite their differences and the experiences they have during senior year in the 1930's in Atlanta.  They fall in and out of love, they fall in and out of faith, and of course they save the day.  I will be reading more of Musser and I think you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment