Saturday, April 27, 2019

Count my Blessings

Been feeling kinda down lately.  I've got one son in Kuwait (actually he's in Egypt at this moment, but he's stationed in Kuwait), I've got another that just joined and is at Basic, I've got a step daughter that just turned 30, a daughter that is pregnant and moved out last week.  I just finished a class on business that zonked me out and put on several pounds.  We were kept in a room for 9 hours at a time with no choices on our food for two meals a day.  It was horrendous and my stress level is through the roof.  I feel old.  I feel duped.  I feel like all this weight loss stuff is pointless.  I am up 8 pounds from my lowest. My grandfathers are old and suffering tremendously.  They are at the end and I know they are just....done. But, today's mental detox says to count my blessings.  Oh, do I! 
For instance:  I am not in class now and can make my own choices.  My sons are very patriotic.  They are relatively safe.  My daughter is doing fine on her own.  My step daughters are doing fabulous including the cutest baby ever!  I have more free time than ever before.  My house is getting clean (it was disgusting).  I am healthy.  I am loved.  I am strong.  My grandfathers had long good lives.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment