Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Proud

Something I am proud of today.  Lately I have been bummed.  I have been up and down on the scale.  I think I am done plateauing and then I gain.  Around and round.  Finally it has warmed up here in Kansas and I have been doing some walking.  My daughter has singing lessons on Tuesday night and the teacher lives near a walking trail.  When it is walking weather I walk it.  Yesterday while walking, I was almost to the bridge (about 8 blocks) when it dawned on me that it was easy.  When I started this journey a year ago it was hard.  I was out of breath when I reached the bridge.  I had to rest.  I always wanted to turn back early.  Basically I hated it.  Yesterday I didn't realize I had gone as far as I had.  Yesterday I stopped at the bridge not to rest, but to see if I could get over the fence to the side path.  I walked back with ease and not out of breath.  It was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.  Whether I ever get off this old plateau or not, I am proud that I am so much healthier.  I am proud that I am in better shape.  I am grateful that I can enjoy moving again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment