Thursday, February 2, 2012

breath of angel review

I received "Breath of Angel" by Karyn Henley for free from Blogging for Books.  This is book one of the Angelaeon Circle. The main character is Malaia, a chantress/priestess that witnesses a murder of an angel on the first page.  She is the educator of a bunch of girls living in Camrithia, strangely, she is only 14 and yet the woman who was supposed to be the leader managed to miss huge chunks of education to give to Malaia.  Malaia, after witnessing the murder, becomes involved in a immortal war between two brothers who are fighting over an incedent with a tree and some angels.  The book is full of miscellanious imaginative figures:  angels, shapeshifters, birds with human souls, etc.  The whole time I was reading I kept feeling like I had missed the real book one.  I am not much for sci-fi so I was sure what most of the characters were supposed to be and there were so many of them it was easy to get confused.  I'm not a big sci-fi girl so I am afraid most was lost on me.  I am also not in the young adult reading category.  That would make a difference as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment