Friday, February 21, 2014

a miracle of hope review

I like to read Ruth Reid books, generally.  I am not a big fan of Amish fiction, but there are a few authors I like.  Reid is one of them.  "A Miracle of Hope" is by far the best book she has written yet.  I really liked this book.  I read it in a day and a half.  Couldn't put it down.  Lindie is an Amish woman no longer in good standing with the church.  Though she has confessed before God and was forgiven, as with any religion, the congregation is a little more hard nosed.  She had spent the night with an outsider (against her will) and the scornful looks and comments just wouldn't die.  Eli, her brother, arranges her to be married to his friend, Josiah, in the north who is widowed and in desperate need of someone to help him with his deaf daughter; preferably a woman who isn't interested in a romantic relationship.  In steps, Lindie, a pregnant unwed Amish girl.  Perfect fit.  This novel covers a lot more than just the obvious romance that will bloom between the two.  It is a really good book.  5 stars.  I received this book from booksneeze.com & netgalley.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment