Saturday, December 22, 2018

Most Proud of this year

The thing I am most proud of this year would be the weight loss.  I wish it had been more, like 50, but so far it has been 38.  And this Christmas season has been rough.  There are cookies everywhere!  But the 38 feels pretty amazing.  I am wearing three sizes smaller.  I feel a whole lot better.  I have been working on my health as a whole.  I feel like I know myself a lot better.  Spiritually as well as mentally.  I have had everything medically examined.  That's a relief.  I have worked hard and suffered a lot.  My goal for December was to just get through it without gaining and to enjoy it.  To actually enjoy it.  I did a lot of enjoying and not working.  I  mean I worked, but the Christmas activities weren't work.  They were enjoyed.  Today I wrapped presents with the help of my daughters.  Usually I have them wrapped a couple of weeks ago.  This year, I was too busy looking at lights, drinking cocoa and watching movies.  I have relaxed.  Last weekend we had a cookie extravaganza and I have been having a hard time staying out of them.  When I want one (some) I will either eat one and then a salad; or I will put one in a bowl along with some fruit, almonds, and cheese.  Or I just eat a handful and feel bad about it after.  I've only done that once.  I could do it a hundred times.  Come Wednesday, it is back to serious tracking and restricting.  I have kept up with my workouts.  That hasn't been a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment