Sunday, December 16, 2018

Weekend of Holiday Cheer

This weekend was pretty enjoyable.  Saturday morning I did a workout and then  my son came over to visit.  He got his first coyote on Saturday.  Then my daughters and I had a cookie extravaganza.  We each made a different cookie and used a recipe that we have never made before.  I receive a recipe daily from Betty Crocker.  Two of the recipes were those: Easy Russian Tea Snowballs and Chocolate Truffles.  I made Susan Lucci's grandma's peanut butter cookies.  Those were marvelous!  Following the bake-off we delivered to my grandmother's spreading holiday cheer.  Later that evening we went to Memory Lane light display.  Which inspired my husband to hang lights.  First time ever.  Been together 19 years. 
Today I went to church with my youngest daughter.  I hadn't been there in almost a month.  Between illness, snow storm, and a new grand baby being born last Sunday morning I hadn't been there.  Felt good to get back there.  This afternoon I took the dog on a long walk and then made gingerbread houses with my daughter.  Spent the rest of the afternoon watching Elf and taking a nap.  Was a real good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment