Friday, March 7, 2014

mirror mirror on the wall

"Mirror, Mirror, Am I Beautiful?" by Shelley Hitz is a self-help book of sorts aimed at the teenage/college age woman who is coming in to her own.  Hitz targets a different area of a woman's life in each chapter with topics related to not only physical appearance and beauty within, but also self-awareness, sexual health, spiritual beauty, modesty, and more. 
Though I am nowhere near a teenage or college age woman, I have a teen daughter and I do recall that time well.  This book is well written and Hitz seems to be in touch with her "teen self" within. Though her topics range seemed to be all over the place, they are all important and I have no idea what she could have cut out.  Maybe the chapter on homosexual-ness?  That didn't seem to have a whole lot to do with anything.  But other than that, I think this book would be of value to a young woman looking to present herself with dignity to the world.   I received this book from the author through the www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com website.

No comments:

Post a Comment