Monday, March 3, 2014

Slaugh review

"Slaugh" by Darrell Case was supplied to me in audio form by the author.  This is the 3rd book of Case's that I have reviewed and though he received 5 stars on amazon by all of the reviewers, I must say that I disagree.  Normally, Case's work is brilliant, this one is not on my list of favs.  It starts out at a five star level with Max, a little boy who is abused by his mother and snubbed by society.  You know the kid.  The weird kid that everyone picks on, who smells, who seems to just be asking for it.  That's Max.  This hole left by his mother is eventually filled with demons.  Demons who lead him to brutally kill little boys, photograph them, and leave them to be found by the media.  Called the Ghost, Max the serial killer, goes into hiding as a minister in a small town and immediately starts killing.  That's where the novel takes a turn.  Max is the dumbest serial killer of all time.  In real life he would have been caught waaaay before he ever made it to kid number 14.  He wasn't scary so much as he was annoying.  I didn't like this book.  I would give it 2.5 stars.  That being said, everyone who has read this book loves it.  A lot!  So maybe it's just me.  Maybe I'm weird.  Give it a shot.  See what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment