Wednesday, November 2, 2011

abundant life review

I received "Abundant Life Day Book: 365 Blessing To Begin Your Day" by Nancy Guthrie for free from Tyndale House Publishers.  This book is a devotional.  Each day has a short bible verse followed by a message from "God", and ending with a prayer from you to God.  This book is a little hard to follow at first.  The first day I read I could not figure out who the "I " was in the daily blessing.  Then it dawned on me that it was a letter from God.  Which kind of threw me.  Since actually it is a letter from Nany Guthrie, obviously, it made me feel a little weird reading what was supposedly words from God.  Then she turns it around and writes the prayer from me to God.  So then the "I" is me.  So I didn't really like the way it was written.  It was weird and too back and forth.  I did like the messages.  They are aimed to make one feel better about oneself.  God probably would say those things to someone.  I would say read it and after awhile the whole flip-flopping the "I"s wouldn't be so hard to follow.  Some may not ever take to the letter from "God".

No comments:

Post a Comment