Monday, December 12, 2011

wonderland creek review

I received "Wonderland Creek" by Lynn Austin for free from Bethany House Publishers.  Alice is a modern girl living in 1931 near Chicago.  She lives a cushy lifestyle where at the at of 23 she is working as a librarian, living with her parents (her father is a minister) and spend the majority of her time reading.  All Day.  Every Day.  That is her life.  She is completely obsessed with books.  I know!  Sounds great doesn't it!  She reads at every opportunity, including a few non-opportunities such as funerals.  In her spare time from reading she is collecting used books to send to Kentucky to the poor hill people who have no access to books.  On a whim, shortly following being dumped by her boyfriend, she hitches a ride and goes to Kentucky with all these books and embarks on the adventure of a lifetime.
This is the first Lynn Austin book I have ever read.  I hadn't read her before, because I thought she sounded a little...."flowery".  She had me hooked at the first page!  This is an awesome book.  I love this author, I love these characters, I love everything about this book.  Awesome!  I will definitely be reading more of her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment