Tuesday, February 19, 2019

1 Years of First

My husband and I have been together for 19 years.  We have had lots of firsts and lots of hundred and somethin's.  Here is a list of some of our first.
First time I saw him he was mowing his yard. (he was my neighbor)  He had his hat on backwards and was wearing a tank top and Levi's. 
First time I spoke with him we were near the street watching our children play and he said the roads were better before they fixed them. (they were)
First time we had a conversation he fixed my son's bike, which my grandpa had bought at an auction for my friend who had stomach cancer.  Jason's father had donated the bike which had been Jason's son's to the cause.
First time he asked me out was in my yard and I had to clarify he meant a date.  It had been awhile.
First time we went out, we went to see "Sixth Sense" and ate Phili Cheese steak sandwiches.
First time we kissed was after our first date and he asked me if he could. (swoon!)
First trip we ever had was to his parents lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks for Independence Day.  It was a disaster.
First gift he gave me was a Scrabble game for Christmas. 
First time I knew he loved me was New Year's Eve.
There have been a ton of other firsts and such.  Some wonderful, some awful, mostly mundane.  It's the day to day that keeps the relationship going.  He is my husband and I am completely dedicated to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment