Saturday, February 16, 2019

5 years ago

Five years ago I was in the throws of motherhood.  I had one in grade school, two in high school, and three in college.  I was constantly going to games, meetings, performances, making food to bring somewhere, the responsibilities were endless.  I felt so depleted and zapped of energy.  I was incredibly overweight and too busy to do anything about it.  I ONLY went to kid stuff and drove people around.  It was exhausting.  But that time of my life is over.  When my son, kid number 6, graduated, I spent about a year watching TV.  I had one in middle school and she didn't do near as much stuff as the others, so it felt like I had all the time in the world.  I certainly needed a rest. Then I started to work on me.  I was horribly neglected and needed to start taking care of myself.  I don't know how many doctor trips and illnesses were due to overworking and under caring.  I have been sick for the past week with a horrible cold/plague that has been going around.  I am determined to recover without a doctor visit.  So, I haven't done much the past week.  I have craved juice and so I drank it.  I haven't worked out or done much labor.  I worked half days and even took one day off.  I am feeling better and don't feel any infections coming on.  So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment