Thursday, February 7, 2019

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today I decided to join Weight Watchers.  I had reached a peak that I didn't want to and was very uncomfortable, embarrassed, and fearful.  I felt heart pressure and palpation.  I was needing a bigger size.  I was having trouble moving like I wanted to.  I was depressed and anxious.  I needed to change.  I decided to join with my only goal to work the program for 6 months.  Around July I realized that I needed to be healthier in other ways too.  I took up journaling and meditating.  I learned about myself by taking personality test, etc.  I got into my spiritual health in my God and in the other realm.  I started practicing self-care and working on my relationship with my husband.  I started doing hygge activities in the fall.  Though I have been sitting on a weight loss plateau for the last 5 months and that is getting old, I can say that in my adult life I have probably not been all-around healthier..... ever.  I feel pretty good.  I just need to get off this damn plateau.  I have started incorporating some other programs with Weight Watchers to connect with my "why" and "payoff".  I have completed the "Finding Freedom" program.  A Christian program for health and self-esteem that showed me the how and why of it.  I finished just recently a "Emotional Eating Workshop"  which taught me the pay off.  I am currently in the Finish Lines Support Group, a Christian support that works with Weight Watchers program.  I realized I needed some sort of support.  Now I just need to put it in motion.  I think that without the losing, it makes the suffering of working out and not enjoying food seem pointless.  I need to learn to enjoy both.  Ha! I know I need to keep going, but I am tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment