Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Marching right along

March has ended.  Kind of a weird month, full of snow and blizzards, thunderstorms, Easter.  Unusual.  This month I read 10 books.  I'm getting behind on my reading for review.  I've been doing some reading for no special reason.  I have purposely been doing less in my community in order to have some down time.  I tend to overextend myself, and then I get a little grouchy.  Hopefully I will be less grouchy and doing more reading this year.  That was my New Year's resolution; so far, so good.  Of the 10 books I read three were digital, one was audio, and the rest were real.  Here goes the list:
Love at Last Sight- The Shooks
Grits and Glory- Haley Whitehall
Congo Dawn- Jeanette Windle
The Inner Circle- Brad Meltzer
Echoes- Robin Jones Gunn
Scarlet Thread- Francine Cushman
Spare Change- Robert B. Parker
The Guardian- Beverly Lewis
Fever- Mary Beth Keane

Of the month's top books I would give the prize to Almost Amish and Fever.  Now, The Inner Circle got some bad review on Amazon, but I would have to say I don't agree with them.  It's not a classic waiting to happen, but it's still a good book.  If you like Meltzer or conspiracy, you should look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment