Monday, June 25, 2018

Mindful Eating

Today I am to journal about my relationship with food and choices.  Normally I would say that I like to eat and I enjoy the stimulation.  I began weight watchers in February and have pretty good luck with that.  I have expanded my health journey to include many different aspects of health and have noticed many positive changes.  However, about two weeks ago my 13 year old daughter dropped boiling water in her lap and received large second degree burns.  A week and a half later she had surgery on her foot.  These two events have been incredibly stressful, hard to watch, emotionally painful, and exhausting.  And I'm not even the one that is hurt!  My weight watchers has gone to crap with these two events.  I am trying to get back on track, but it is very difficult.  I have discovered that food was my calmer, my soother, my stress reliever.  I have eaten all of the points.  I have not counted many points.  My relationship with food is not a healthy or realistic one.  I increased my physical activity to make up for it and wound up replacing one addiction for another.  My overweight body is not capable of doing that and I wound up in physical pain.  I need balance and another source to relieve the stress.  I need to work on that and find a positive way.  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who releases stress positively and need to discover what will work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment