Saturday, June 1, 2013

may

May has been crazy.  Tons of family events, graduations, work has exploded with the ACs being turned on.  I had a step-daughter graduated with her Bachelors, a step-son leave for basic training in the Army, and had a niece get married in Mississippi.  Been busy.  I didn't feel like I read much; seemed to be too busy, but somehow, I managed to read 11 books.  Seven were real and three were digital.  My favorite was John Grisham's Calico Joe.  I love Grisham's non-law books.  I know they aren't as popular but they should be.  I have read some of his lawyer books, but I just don't care enough about law to read them all.  But what a writer!  I read all of his non lawyer ones and I love every one.  Here is my list:

Bread and Wine- Shauna Niequest (this is sort of a cookbook/food essay book)
Secrets- Robin Jones Gunn
Ultimate Marriage vow- Darlene Schacht
The Sky Beneath My Feet- Lisa Samson
High Country- Nevada Barr
Patriot Hearts- Barbara Hambly
Bold as Love- Bob Roberts Jr
A Matter of Trust- Lis Wiehl
Take a Chance on Me- Susan May Warren
Captured in Moonlight- Christine Lindsay
Calico Joe- John Grisham 

Off to June!

No comments:

Post a Comment