Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018

My year truly started on February 7.  On that day I decided my health: physical, mental, medical, and spiritual were going to be a priority.  I didn't feel that others cared about me.  Whether that is true or not is irrelevant.  I didn't care about me and that was going to change.  I joined Weight Watchers.  Which was miserable.  I was hungry.  I was grouchy.  I didn't enjoy it at first at all.  But, anybody who tells you you can be healthy by taking a magic pill is a filthy liar.  It took a lot of work.  I was sore for a long time.  That was difficult in the beginning.  The always being sore and tired.  But as the muscle built and the weight came off things became much more easy.  I could move!  I had a very difficult time turning down food I wanted especially when I was so hungry.  I still can't believe I ate as much as I did when it didn't seem like much at the time.  Things got easier.  Christmas was brutal.  I have already gotten used to that Christmas vacation menu and now I am weaning myself back off of it.  And you know what!  I am already feeling hungry even though I am eating more than I did 3 months ago.  I have joined Faithful Finish Lines today as a extra support to Weight Watchers.  A seven week kick in the ass to get things going again.  In March I am going to California to hang out on the beach with my model-coulda-been step-daughter and her physical trainer husband.  Doesn't that sound like every weight watcher's nightmare?  They are lovely people and have never said a word about my size or anyone else's that I know of, but still.  So, I would like to drop one size by then.  From my keyboard to God's ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment