Wednesday, January 16, 2019

that's the nicest thing

So, what is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me?  Nothing really stands out.  I don't get a lot of compliments so when I do, I tend to remember it.  Here are some of the nice things I have heard.
1.  I like her sense of humor.
2. You are a good writer.
3.  You take good pictures.
4.  You're the best softball player they got. (this was some years ago)
5.  You look like that girl on Wings.  (I heard that twice)
6.  You got a body that won't quit. (I was 19, he was 16.  It probably didn't take much.)
7. Your house is always clean.
8. You raise such good kids.
9. You have integrity.
10. You are strong.
11.  I can really tell you've lost weight.

It is also important to mention that I have heard the exact opposite of all of these things on many, many occasions.  And in the words of the great Julia Roberts: "the bad stuff is easier to believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment