Sunday, December 1, 2019

How did I take care of myself this year?

Last year was an abundance of trying new things to learn to care/better myself more.  I tried everything for every aspect of my being.  This year I tended to take the things I liked and do just them.  Some of the experiments from last year I decided where stupid, some were unhelpful.  I don't journal near as much as last year, though I do think it is helpful.  I am going to do a 25 journal prompts from The Blissful Mind blog (theblissfulmind.com) to try and get back into the groove. 

Question of the day: How did I take care of myself this year? Could I have done a better job?  This year was full of stress.  I did my best to take care of the stress.  To keep a meditation practice going.  That helped.  I also have tried to incorporate hygge.  That tends to make me feel warm and fuzzy, be it summer or winter.  I have also gone back to a couple of ladies who know their shit and are tried and true to get you back into shape.  Kathy Smith and Denise Austin.  You want your ass kicked, these are the ladies to get it done.  I've gone into following several people online for my fitness routine.  Less walking though.  I need to get that back going.  It seems to be a stress reliever as well as a fitness workout. 

I have not been so obsessed with my fandoms as last year.  That's good.  I like being free instead of having my OCD decided things for me. Last year I did so many challenges that I had to write them down every day and it really became a chore that I hated.

 Spiritually, I have been going to church about every other week, listening to Gospel music several times a week, and reading my devotional.  I try to watch Joyce Meyers every so often.  She is so wise.  Highly recommend her. 

Anyway, there you go.  Not back.  My weight has been on a standstill, but WW has changed things up and I have started to lose weight again on the new program.  So we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment