Thursday, December 12, 2019

Let Go

Have I let go of anyone this year?  Not really.  Pretty much everyone is still here by my doing.  I have lost a few to things not of my control.  I lost my Grandpa this year.  In August.  He was a 98 year old WWII veteran from the Burma Theater.  He was a wonderful guy.  Always happy.  Mostly.  Strong as an ox, as he liked to say.  At 90 he could still hold a sledge hammer out straight and tough his nose without smashing himself in the face.  I miss him terribly and this Christmas will be hard.  However, we recently had to put our 12 year old cat down (bladder tumor) and when explaining to my daughter the necessity of it, we compared the suffering to my Grandpa.  I am so glad he is done suffering.  I know he is in heaven.  Quite probably hunting.  And since it's heaven, the deer will hop right back up again and scamper off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment