Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Did I really?

Did I take care of my health last year?  sure.  I didn't need to go to the doctor at all.  I wasn't ever sick.  No cavities.  I exercised regularly.  I did compared to my 2004-2018.  But did I really?  I gained back 10 pounds.  I lied and cheated my way through a years worth of WW.  I tried short cuts.  I didn't focus on my mental and spiritual health as I had planned.  I spent a lot of it worrying and being disappointed.  Last year was supposed to be my "adventure" year.  Word of the year.  None of the things I planned to be adventurous happened.  But..... I did have some unexpected adventure.  I had two sons go further and yon to serve their country.  I supported that both emotionally as well as physically since both needed a lot of assistance with legal and financial matters due to that.  I had 2 grandchildren born.  One who is blazing through babyhood with only one kidney!  Planned a wedding.  In a week.  Took one of the trips planned and took another surprise mini trip that was unexpectedly fun as well as interesting.  So it was an adventure.  And I did come through healthy. Now the word for 2020 is peace.  I want to make peace with life.  With my weight and health.  with family.  with work.  with whatever life throws my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment