Wednesday, August 15, 2018

aah, Food

How do I feel about food?  Well, I like it.  Duh.  I like preparing it.  I like buying it.  I like planning meals.  I like getting food spur of the moment.  I like how it tastes.  I like how it makes me feel full when I am done.  Being hungry makes me nervous.  I like trying new recipes.  I even like growing and preserving it.  It is a wonderful thing. 
Now.  How do I wish I felt about food?  Since food hasn't done me any favors other than staying alive, I wish I could take it or leave it.  I wish it meant nothing to me.  I wish I were the type of person who forgot to eat.  I think it is a cruel joke to have someone love something they can never truly enjoy having.  It's mean, really.  But those are the cards that are dealt, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment