Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Throw Out Unrealistic Expectations

So I made a list of things that are bad about me.  Things I don't like or that I have been told are bad.  And I thought about what kind of person would be the opposite of all of those things.  And my first thought was "what kinda freaky person is this?"  A person who is the opposite of all I find negative would be pretty obnoxious to be around.  The person would be perfect and perfect is dumb.  It's also kind of boring.  Now some of the things on my list are things I could and should do something about.  But to do all of them would be unrealistic.  I am not even sure it would be possible.  So I am going to hit the ones I can do something about.  I am going to change the ones that are not serving me well.  The rest (big nose, weirdness) is everyone else's problem.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for
you, for My strength is made perfect in
weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather
boast in my infirmities, that the power of
Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment