Saturday, November 17, 2018

Customer Service

When I receive excellent customer service it makes me want to spend more money there.  However, I have seen people take extreme advantage of customer service and try to screw the company out of everything they can and boost their own egos while they are at it.  So it's a toss up as to whether it is effective or not. 
The opposite of my temptations with food and body image would be a healthy person who eats when they choose because they are hungry.  I tend to try to do creative math and justify reasons to get what I want.  I might me one of those greedy customers when it comes to my health. 
The bible says to love your neighbor as yourself.  But what about when you don't love yourself very much.  Could it also be read, love yourself as you love your neighbor?  Of the fruits of the spirits I would have to say self-control is the complete opposite of my customer service when it comes to my temptations.  This week is Thanksgiving.  I have already been struggling more and more as this plateau goes on, so Thanksgiving is probably going to really kick my ass.  I suppose some practical ways of going about this week would be to do my plateau practices that I recently put together, with Thanksgiving as a "no points counted" day.  No point in feeling horribly guilty about the whole thing.  I will be careful of portions and try to make the food on the lighter side and just don't keep points that day.  Even if I am careful, I will out-point and then feel terrible about Thanksgiving.  Which is not the point of Thanksgiving at all. 
I will be having guests on Thanksgiving.  I should focus on their interests and not on my own.  Not on my guilt or points or sin.  Just what do they need.  And hope that none of them become greedy customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment