Wednesday, November 21, 2018

My Community

I live in a rural community in Kansas.  Though I live in the country, I am not a farmer.  I used to have a large garden and rabbits and stuff, but my kids outgrew the rabbits and my husband can't stand to have plants growing so I no longer do that.  I live near what could be considered a village.  About 200 people live there; that's at the top of a triangle between two small towns.  One, my kids go to school in, has about a thousand people in it; the other, that I work in, has about 10,000 people.  My church is in another village near by.  I wouldn't say I am especially close to that many people, but when you live in a small community all of your life everyone knows about everyone else always and it becomes close without really having to do the work.  If you know what I mean. 
I used to do a couple of exercise classes at local churches for exercise, but currently I just work on my own.  I have tried to incorporate my husband to exercise with me, but beyond the purchase of an extremely expensive piece of workout equipment, he hasn't done anything.  Some of the steps I have taken is to workout regularly, but not be crazy about it.  I hope that I can encourage him to join me, but he kind of has a confidence that is unreal.  Which is kind of great, but when he is wrong, there is no convincing otherwise.  Something I have been considering is getting a food counselor.  I think that might help.  I am starting to lose interest and I know in my heart that I am not finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment