Friday, November 2, 2018

do it myself

I would say there are two areas where I have no control.  Or normally have none.  I don't usually have control over the food going in and I don't usually have any control over my home where guests are concerned.  I am lately fighting for control over my thoughts.  I have been working considerably on my control over things and letting other things go.  For instance, I can let a lot of things that I try to control go.  Just let someone else do it.  And then controlling the things that actually matter to me.  Like my health.  I need to control my reactions to things I don't like.  I may not be able to control who comes over, how long, and to do what; but I can control whether I am there.  I know my not being there will hinder the enjoyment  as no one else is there to do the work, he will need to.  I can control what I am willing to do.  I can control how much activity I do for exercise.  The food part is harder.  I have come to realize that the binge/deprive thing I have been doing is not working.  I need to even things out.  That's what I am trying to do now.  Have a few treats spread out over the week.  
I don't think "I need to control" is a lie.  People need to control a little of something.  Otherwise, they are being controlled.  Sometimes control is a good thing.  Controlling everything; now that's a lie.

My flaws would be the need to control everything.  Not being able to control that which is actually in my control.  etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment