Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

This week I have discovered that I place too much on beauty.  If asked would I rather be a genius or beautiful, I would pick beautiful.  Why?  Cuz if I am beautiful, I don't need anything else.  If I am smart, I still need other things.  Over and over I have read that God thinks I am beautiful and that he created me to look like this.  This is exactly what he wants.  This probably has always been there.  I live in the modern world where a woman's looks mean everything and the older a woman gets the less value she holds.  However, looks change.  What is beautiful changes by the time and location.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  My beauty may not be what the media considers beautiful, but the media has an extremely narrow scope.  The media is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment