Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Anger Management

One by one my devotionals are pointing out anger.  And you shouldn't deny coincidences.  Anger is an issue.  Always has been.  It is a family tradition.  It is nothing to throw a glass across the room.  Abuse runs rampid.  When visiting my father recently he became angry over something I had said as a teen.  Twenty-five years ago.  He became angrier as he remembered.  I became angry because he was angry at me.  Then it occurred to me.... this was 25 years ago.  What the hell, man?  Talk about something else.  Anything else.  If we are going to be angry, lets me angry about something relevant.  Stop thinking about the past.  Stop predicting the future.  I don't want to be angry anymore.  I want to be at peace. 
This is something that wouldn't have occurred to me a year ago.  I would have had a fit, taken it out on someone, eaten something with lots of cheese and been pissed for a couple of days.  I didn't do any of that this time.  I am coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment