Sunday, September 2, 2018

Give Thanks

Most of the time I think of food as the enemy.  The thing I turn to when times are bad.  Therefore I associate it with bad things.  The results of too much are bad.  Again, associate it with bad stuff.  But maybe I should take a minute and give thanks for the very food that I have learned to have a love-hate relationship.  For instance, it keeps me alive.  Ask anyone in a starvation situation and they will tell you how wonderful food really is.  I have always had it.  I grew up poor on a farm.  But no matter how poor you are, farms are where the food is.  We tended to eat seasonally: lots of meat in the winter (my dad hunted as well) and lots of veggies and fruit in the summer.  All organic by the way.  I enjoy cooking.  I love to work up stuff and see how it turns out.  I like altering recipes to see if I can give it my personal touch.  I love the taste of melted cheese, milk chocolate, fried chicken, spaghetti. Thank God for food!

No comments:

Post a Comment