Thursday, September 6, 2018

Turn that Frown Upsidedown

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true,
whatever things are noble, whatever things are
just, whatever things are pure, whatever things
are lovely, whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue and if there is anything
praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8


This is today's scripture for my detox and coincidentally it was last night's reading as well.  Aaaand, my gratitude journal wants me to write something positive that I normally think negatively about.  Weird, huh.  I have been following and reading many assorted things this year and one of them had me name my weight problem.  I named it Terry after the sergeant on Brooklyn 99.  Another had me name the negative voices in my head. ( I don't actually hear them, it's just thoughts)  I named it Critical Christy.  No reason other than the name was supposed to be cute and since I think critically and Christy goes well with critical, I went with it.  Now, I am not sure the reason for the naming stuff, other than to belittle it?  But name it I did.  The critical part is something that I could use some quieting of.  So going over this verse time and time again, is pretty useful.  I think the voice is my mother, but who knows.  Anyway.  Let's positive the crap outta this!

No comments:

Post a Comment