Thursday, October 25, 2018

Change

Paul's three step process
1. put out old self
2. be made new in attitude of minds
3. put on new self

Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Kindness is probably the easiest, self-control is the hardest.

CHANGE

I haven't really lost any weight in the last two months.  It has gone up and down the same 3 pounds by the week.  But I felt I was being called to work on something else for a time.  I had heard of weight loss plateaus and felt that that's what was happening and since it was, I might as well work on something else.  That something else being healing from past wounds.  Wounds that may very well have caused the weight issue to begin with.  I worked on several issues and wounds.  I worked on psychological aspects as well as emotional and stress related.  I dove pretty deep for a person without their main crutch.  That might be why I didn't lose anything as well.  I think I did pretty well considering.  It was an emotionally hard two months.  I also had some medical exams and tests done.  I am not one to visit the doc unless I am ill, so this was all pretty new.  Got a pap for the first time in about 10 years, first mammogram ever, blood work, etc.  All is well.  But now I am thinking I need to let it rest a bit.  Give my soul some time to heal and time to strengthen.  I want to focus back on basic eating and exercise.  My new goal is to be in one size smaller by spring break.  We are going to be on a plane and I would like my butt to be the size of the average American butt.  I am going to start focusing on more veggies and lower points.  I am going to continue to do walking,yoga and tai chi, but also to do more Pilates and strength training.  My goal is pretty simple.  I need some simple right now.  I am not going to drop the self-love and self-care, but I am going to put the major mental topics and actives on the back burner.  I need some down time in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment