Monday, October 29, 2018

Reflection

This week I have learned that Jesus had all of the exact same temptations as everyone else.  Which is something I kind of knew until I blended it with this: everyone in the world has the same temptations.  So in other words, the heroin addicts have the same temptations as me.  Yet I find myself not at all fighting the desire for heroin.  Yet, a Buzzard's Pizza?  So both me and the addict are enticed the same.  But I can say, "heroin?  No, I'm good."  Maybe the other guy can't.  Temptations are the same, we just say yes to different things.  We still fall.  Temptations are all the same, if you can turn down one you can turn down another.  Furthermore, you can't snub your nose as anyone falling to their temptations when you fall to yours.   I need to ask God's help in continuing the process, in fighting temptations, in balance.  The lies I believed that I need to stop is: my temptations aren't as bad as someone else's, that I am destined to be this way, that my pride doesn't get in the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment