Wednesday, October 3, 2018

My ears have heard

Several days ago I began looking into non-traditional reasons for my ear troubles.  I have had ear problems all of my life.  Countless ear infections as well as ear drum bursts.  Of course this has made me hard of hearing.  I have often wondered why I am the only person I know over the age of 10 with so  many ear infections.  I discovered that unorthodox teachings of the ears having health issues is when the ear chakra is closed up.  Which sounds like horse shit until they started to explain.  When a child hears lots of sounds that are unwelcome they will start to close their ears to sounds.  Which will result in ear infections.  My parents fought constantly.  And they said some pretty horrible things to each other, as well as to me, and just in general.  They were incredibly young, poor, and angry.  Life wasn't being too kind to them.  That was how they expressed it.  They did better when they knew better.  Lately, I have been trying to open my ears.  I hadn't realized how much I wasn't hearing because I didn't want to.  So much white noise is now being heard. 
Today's activity was to listen to my favorite song and dance; the other was to listen to Broken Chains by Tasha Cobbs Leonard.  My favorite song is What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.  The American Heart Association also said to listen to sounds of nature.  It seems Hearing is the word of the day.  With the combination of the three I have come to realize a few things.  One: in 1967 when the world could not have kind to Mr. Armstrong, he still sang and appeared to truly believe that the world was wonderful.  That it is time for me to break the chains that are not doing me or anyone else any favors.  Those days are long gone.  My parents are no longer young or poor.  I am not a child listening to bad things anymore.  I am a woman listening to crickets, trees blowing, and kitties meowing.  And some amazing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment