Monday, October 1, 2018

Enjoy Weight Loss

No one truly enjoys losing weight while it is happening.  I don't think.  It's kinda awful, not just because of the hunger and exhaustion, but the time consuming process of planing and scheduling and the just plan obsessing.  Always looking for something to "make do" with.  The high and low of success and disappointment.  Judgment from others: either something to make themselves feel better about not losing or something to make themselves feel better about not having to.  The humiliation of people seeing you eat light or workout when obviously it isn't the norm.  But once the novelty wears off and you get a little more comfortable with the new life style, and you make peace with back slides and plateaus as well as victories, I guess you could find something to enjoy about the process.  For instance though I am still a good 25 pounds from my goal weight I have already discovered that with each size that is dropped, the clothes get cuter.  They really should make cuter clothes for all sizes, but they don't.  So there's that.  When I go to things that involve a lot of walking and standing I find it is much easier to handle.  I can do more longer.  On most days I can't tell too much difference, but two weekends in a row I went to a car show and then the Renaissance festival.  Both were better when I didn't need to carry close to 40 pounds extra.  I haven't had heartburn in months.  That's good.  People have started looking at me.  Not in a checking me out way, but just looking at me in the face.  I hadn't realized that was happening until people started looking again.  That was kind of startling actually.  Besides the weight thing, I have been doing an all over health scan and awakening.  I don't have results on doctor exams yet, but I realize that that could be very dangerous thing to ignore due to size.  I simply didn't want to be weighed at the doctor's office.  So no doctor.  Also I feel my marriage is better due to mental and emotional things I have been taking care of as well as I feel that my mind and spirit are in better shape.  That makes me feel happier and more at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment