Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Are you there God? It's me Beckie

What is my spiritual belief?  I believe in God.  I believe Jesus is my Savior.  I'm pretty sure I am going to heaven.  I read scripture daily.  Or try to.  I pray daily.  Or try to.  I go to church regularly.  I teach Sunday School a couple months out of the year.  My religious beliefs are scattered in that they aren't totally traditional.  Once I had a family of kids in my Sunday School class (this was at a different church where I taught every week) and they knew nothing of God, Christianity, Adam and Eve, Nativity, nothing.  They had never heard of Jesus, let alone knew why there was nativity scenes at Christmas time.  They had never heard of Noah's ark.  Sooo, we started at the beginning.  And God said let there be light; and there was.  Armed with our Good News Bible, a chalk board, and 4th grade science, we hammered out the first 7 days.  And weirdly it made perfect sense. We had dinosaurs, evolution, and difference in time movement.  When you take out tradition and previously conceived concepts, you can see life in a whole different light.  It was a beautiful experience.  And I am so glad I met them.  I hope they remember everything we learned together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment