Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Socially Akward

I have been relatively shy my whole life.  I hate small talk.  I don't like having to talk to people I don't know well.  I just can't think of a singe thing to say.  I was painfully shy as a kid.  Never talked.  When I reached 18ish I became verrry socially active.  I did it all; I went everywhere.  Kids came and things slowed down, but I pretty much replaced my social life with a very active children life.  We went to all of the functions, lessons, meetings, etc.  I taught Sunday school and was a leader of our church.  When my son played sports in high school ( and he played them all)  I was on a 24 hour a day/ 7 days a week go.  I was with people all of the time!  I became increasingly burned out.  When he graduated I turned into a hermit.  Back to the shy me that chose to never leave the house.  I really needed the down time.  After a year of that I have now found a semi-happy medium.  I only have one child at home now, so her functions are few in comparison to the 7 kids we had going before.  I spend a lot more time at home and alone.  We switched churches so I have a lot less leadership roles which equals a lot less interaction.  I still hate small talk and would probably be fine if I never spoke again; but I know that isn't the best thing for me health-wise.  I could probably stand to take my social activities up a notch....but I just don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment