Friday, July 13, 2018

Moderation

Everything in moderation is how the old saying goes.  I tend to get a little obsessive about stuff.  Let's do it all!  That method has never really done me any favors.  Especially when it comes to my health.  I even went overboard when it came to my diet/workout/emotional plan.  If I am going to workout, I am going to workout in 100 degree heat or snow; no stopping me!  If I am going to work on my diet, I am going to actually buy and consume every weird thing I come across.  I am going to put salt in my mouth to cleanse something or other.  That all needed to stop.  I actually stopped losing weight and was under more stress than before I started relieving my stress. 
I have recommitted myself to my journey.  And though I had good ideas, I needed to take them slowly.  Now, I still love a good however-many-day challenge, but I only do a couple at a time.  I keep within my point system (usually), but I don't eat anything weird.  I do somethings I enjoy.  Even if it is weird.  I exercise almost daily.  I do what is safe and smart.  I will always take a day off once a week from now on.  I love those day, but I also like to work out.  Sometimes I just dance to a song instead of working my triceps.  I do what I want.  Within reason.  In moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment