Tuesday, July 17, 2018

What am I afraid of?

I am going to assume that since this question was on an emotional eating journal list, that they are talking about food and not nuclear war.  I guess I am afraid that I will have to do without.  I have never been close to starving.  I was raised on a farm, so the absence food was never really an issue.  Farms have food.  It wasn't a large variety; you tend to eat what is in season.  But it was all good and healthy and there was plenty of it.  But fresh food does tend to go bad quickly and therefore needs to eaten quickly.  So maybe that's it.  I've been practicing mindful eating and I have discovered that I just like eating.  It taste good.  It's stimulating.  It's fun to be creative with it.  Eating is great!  I am afraid that I will miss out on the fun.  I am afraid that I am going to have something I enjoy taken from me.  Replacing food with exercising is not fun.  It's terrible.  I don't like it.  So I guess that's what I am afraid of.  Suffering.  But I am suffering either way, aren't I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment