Sunday, July 15, 2018

I'm the author

I am supposed to write my life story as it is now and how I can change it.  That being that I am the author.  Which makes me think of "Once Upon a Time" the series.  My story isn't as eventful as that.  I work, I take care of kids, husband, etc.  Previously I spent years being soooo overworked.  However, after my son graduated from High school and I was down to one kid at home, I felt the need to scale back on what I did.  I spent a couple of years basically working, reading, and watching TV.  There needed to be some changes.  I was burnt out and needed to take care of me for once.  I have actually felt guilty for using the bathroom.  A little self-care was called for.  I didn't even know where to start.  My weight was probably the most pressing so I joined Weight Watchers.  Then began to work on grooming.  I mean, I was clean; but hair cuts were few and far between.  Painting toe nails were a once a month event.  Moisturizing and flossing were full blown luxuries.  You know.  The mom stuff.  I have been working on myself quite a bit.  Don't know if it is helping or not.  What I would like to change is I was to have confidence.  I want to like myself.  I want to be happy.  Regularly.  I think these things are possible.  As soon as fair is over, I am going to go on a cleanse and then a vacation.  I need to reset and let go.  I need to know my value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment